DISCLAIMER

Read at your own risk. If you like what you read, keep on reading and do drop by again. If anything offends you, just let it be and you may leave any time you wish

About Me

My photo
Hi there! I’m Sharifah Nadia, i'm married to the sweetest husband and mommy to my only precious daughter,Rania and my adorable son , Razin .If you need to find out more, do check out my blog and I've finally made up my mind to blog in whichever language I'm most comfortable with at that point of time - English, Malay or Rojak. Please bear with me... Lots of Love, Nadia

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Portuguese Egg Tart



Assalammualaikum,

Hello gorgeous ,

Last night, I had a crazy craving for egg tart,and when I looked it up online,the recipe seemed simple enough.I went to bed thinking of these tarts.I never could resist them whenever I see them at bakeries.So when I woke up after long nap today, I just HAD to make these.I never success with the puff pastry even with the instant one, really need to improve.


Ingredients


1 package store bought puff pastry (from tesco: Kawan brand )

4 egg yolks

1/3 cup caster sugar

1/3 cup fresh milk

1/3 cup whipping cream

3 drops vanilla extract



Method:


Preheat oven to 200 degree. Butter the pan.


Cut pastry into circles to fit into your muffin pan/aluminium foil cups. (Do not over stretch).



Use an electronic hand beater to blend Ingredients except pastry. Beat for about 3 minutes and strain the filling through a strainer. 

 Fill the pie crust dough with the egg mixture (about 80% full).


Bake the Portuguese Egg Tarts at 200 degree for about 15-20 minutes or until the filling turn brown.



 And then there’s the Portuguese egg tart with it’s puff pastry and bumpy brown surface.*heaven*










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...